IMPORTANT THINGS ON OFFERING




1 Chronicles 29: 17 “I know, my God, that you search the heart, and take pleasure in uprightness; in the uprightness of my heart I have freely offered all these things, and now I have seen your people, who are present here, offering freely and joyously to you.”

In giving you cause and allow God to guide your heart and your ways. Outside of giving, it means there is someone else guiding your heart. The Angle we have been given will guide us when we submit to Him through offering.

Exodus 25: 8 “And have them make me a sanctuary, so that I may dwell among them.”

This means that if you want to cause God to be with you, make sure you give. Be a giver and the presence of God will never depart from you because God Himself is a giver and when you give you are showing yourself that you are like Him.

1 Chronicles 21: 22- 27 “David said to Ornan, “Give me the site of the threshing floor that I may build on it an altar to the Lord—give it to me at its full price—so that the plague may be averted from the people.” 23 Then Ornan said to David, “Take it; and let my lord the king do what seems good to him; see, I present the oxen for burnt offerings, and the threshing sledges for the wood, and the wheat for a grain offering. I give it all.” 24........ 27 Then the Lord commanded the angel, and he put his sword back into its sheath.”

Giving will destroy your destruction. Through giving our transgressions, inequities and curse will be destroyed easily. Deliverance is not when we say devil get out, but it means paying back because we were sold by our fathers. When you read the book of Lamentation 5: 7 you see that we bear the fruits of the inequities of our ancestors so to conquer that you need to know how to give.

Proverb 8: 17 “I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.”

God said to those who have the heart of love, take their offerings so that I may dwell through what they have given unto me, so the way you give is how you welcome God and how you don’t give is how you kick God out. Are you a giver? Before you give, are you in love? If you have a heart of love, God loves to receive from you. The way your heart is, it is how He receives. God loves you, do you love Him? If you love Him you can give. When you give, God takes you from where you are to where He wants you to be.

1 Chronicles 21: 24But King David said to Ornan, “No; I will buy them for the full price. I will not take for the Lord what is yours, nor offer burnt offerings that cost me nothing.” 

How to give? Don’t give priceless, give something which costs you and has value. When you do so the Lord will accept you and deliver you. Do not offer anything to God which is not valuable. You end up in need because you don’t give what is valuable. When you give what is valuable God will allow something to happen.

1 Chronicles 21:  16- 18 “David looked up and saw the angel of the Lord standing between earth and heaven, and in his hand a drawn sword stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders, clothed in sackcloth, fell on their faces. 17 And David said to God, “Was it not I who gave the command to count the people? It is I who have sinned and done very wickedly. But these sheep, what have they done? Let your hand, I pray, O Lord my God, be against me and against my father’s house; but do not let your people be plagued!” 18 Then the angel of the Lord commanded Gad to tell David that he should go up and erect an altar to the Lord on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.”

Don’t give as you want to give but as God wants. Where to give? Don’t give anywhere, give to the place where God reveal Himself.  It is dangerous to give offering to a place where He has never commanded you to give. If you don’t offer correctly, God hands your family to the enemy (remember what happened to the Israelites when Achan eat the offering).

Make sure in whatever you get you ask God what to do with it. God has blessed you not for yourself but there is someone He wants you to help. God has given you because you have a loving heart for you to distribute. Make sure in all you get you set aside the appropriate amount for every kind of offering.

Give because you love God and not because you want God to do something to you. Offer because you are faithful and you obey what He says.

By Servant of God Apostle and Prophet Josephat Elias Mwingira, Efatha Church.

Comments